FC3 + Updated Kernel (2.6.12-1.1372) + Lost /etc/mtab

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:17:06 UTC 2006

Every time I see some kind of I/O error it was never a good sign.
If the actual /etc/mtab is gone, that's a bad sign. But then it might be as
simple
as doing an fsck on the filesystem.

Or,

check the mount man page:
"it is possible to replace /etc/mtab by a symbolic link to /proc/mounts..."

cheers.
~af