Securing SSH

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Tue May 23 17:37:38 UTC 2006

Good morning,

I'm looking to tighten up my ssh configuration.  I have to have SSH open
on the box at home so I can get to it from the office.  I've found
several articles on securing ssh that include deny root access and
require 'wheel' group membership for su.

Is changing the port to something non-standard a good idea?  What else
can I do; can someone point me to a good write up on it?

Thanks,

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
--
> This is a test.  This is only a test!
  Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
  told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!