ntpq no longer working -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 24 03:17:31 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> By now I'm probably as confused as you are about your network, and a
>> diagram might be quicker to follow than describing it in words.

Bob Goodwin:
> I put a simple system diagram at
> http://users.wildblue.net/bobgoodwin/RFLink.png

According to that diagram you have two devices with the same IP on the
same network (the router and box 1), that can't work.  Change one of
them.  Not sure which?  A common practice is to have a .254 ending
address for routers (e.g. 192.168.1.254), though it's not a requirement.

Be sure that each device on your network has a unique address.  The
computers, the routers, the modems, etc.  Anything that has an address.
Be sure that you don't have two DHCP servers running on your network,
like one in the modem, another in the router, and on any PCs, unless
they're configured to be co-operative.

If that doesn't get you going, write back.  Also say which machines
won't let you use ntpq -p.

I read messages from the public lists.