two problems with fedora core 5

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu May 25 09:47:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 23:29 +0200, S. Cesaretti wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have two probms with fc5.
> First of all, today, while I'm working with fedora core 5 in text mode
> I saw this strange message and I don't understand what happened.
> kernrel: audit(1148491610.132:2): avc: denied {search } for pid=2975
> comm="df" name="media" dev=sda8 ino=915713
> scontext=system_u:system_r:logwatch_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r
> :mnt_t:s0 tclass=dir
>
> and then  I found the same message in the /var/log/messages file.

This is the logwatch program being denied access to look in the "media"
directory when producing the "disk space" section of its daily report.
If you have the latest version of the selinux-policy package installed,
I would consider this a bug.

Please post the output of:
$ rpm -q selinux-policy

> Second, i tried to update the kernel after that problem but
> I don't understand how many version exists of the
> 2.6.16  because I already
> updated the 2.6.16 some weeks ago.
> did I made one mistake to do this update?

There are multiple patched revisions of any given kernel, so this is no
surprise. Nothing to worry about there.

Paul.