Mplayer works but...

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu May 25 14:15:25 UTC 2006

    Yesterday I got Mplayer on FC4 working just fine. The yum took some
time but it comes right up. I got a small DVD from a guy running for
office. It's on a regular cd. I was able to view that with Mplayer.

    So I decided to try a commercial DVD I bought and it does not play.
I know I got the 0th part loaded and it tries to play but I never get a
picture. Is this some stupid thing they put on a DVD to foil those who
are able to copy the  DVD? Is there a fix?

Karl