Fedora Core 4 Upgrade hosed Postgresql

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Fri May 26 14:26:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 07:12:27PM -0700, Bob Ambroso wrote:
> It is a test server. I normally use MYSQL and it was a test app that
> required Postgresql.. It is test data.. Quite alot actually but to answer
> your question.. No.. I blindly upgraded (have done so in the past with
> MYSQL) and now it is hose and I assume my test dat is as well...
>
> \BOb

You might be able to find an RPM of the postgress version that matches
your database and install that using "rpm --oldpackage -Uvh" and that
would allow you to get the database back up and dump it out.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)