Web/SSH Client?

Polleke ervandepol at gmail.com
Fri May 26 16:27:04 UTC 2006

This will work only if the proxy server does not check for tunneling (i
lost the correct term for it)...

On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:29:34 +0200
"Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net" <d.terweij at nettuning.net> wrote:

Danny> Tom.
Danny>
Danny> With putty i was able some years ago to use proxy on port 80 from the LAN to
Danny> connect my server on 22.
Danny> I dont know if your location uses a proxy server for 80/443 but if used you
Danny> are lucky.
Danny> Else use google to find a ssh java client. It exists because www.webmin.com
Danny> tool has it too.
Danny>
Danny>
Danny> Danny.
Danny>
Danny>
Danny> From: Tom Spec
Danny> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Danny> Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 3:09 PM
Danny> Subject: Web/SSH Client?
Danny>
Danny>
Danny> I have a fedora server setup with apache running on port 80 and 443, and ssh
Danny> running on port 22.
Danny>
Danny> I want to be able to "ssh" to that server from a location that only allows
Danny> port 80 and 443 to go out (of the firewall.)   Is there any kind of "web
Danny> ssh" solution or something that I could implemement so I could go to a page
Danny> on my server through port 80, then from there get "ssh" access to the server
Danny> with some kind of web java application.  I'm kind of reaching here, but I
Danny> thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts/ideas.
Danny>
Danny> Tom
Danny>
Danny>