Mplayer works but...

Mladen Adamovic adamm at blic.net
Fri May 26 20:06:50 UTC 2006

Stephen Mirowski wrote:
> Xine has been my choice for DVDs for a few years.  Then I add in Gxine
> for casual videos (also can be used a plugin for browser).  Mplayer
> works best as a browser video plugin.

I also recommend Xine. I had problems with Mplayer on certain distros,
but haven't any big problem with Xine so far. Mplayer sometimes don't
work from repo, sometimes don't work from source, and sometimes it work
but only from command line interface.

I only had problems with some codec's Xine  does use - few times my
computer freezed during playback. But I knew that does movies have
codec's issue - the movies had coding bugs, lets say.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://home.blic.net/adamm  http://www.shortopedia.com