Voice modem

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat May 27 05:08:12 UTC 2006

I have an interesting little project here.  I want to monitor a phone line and
answer the phone after X rings during business hours and immediately
after-hours.  Read off the outgoing message, record the incoming message and
then email the wav file (or whatever) to the final recipient.  Faxes might be
nice too.

I could do this with Asterisk, but it seems like massive overkill (and a
helluva lot of setup) for such a simple job.

After doing some googling around, it appears there are several ways that I
could go about this.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the *best* aproach?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for which modem I should be
purchasing for this purpose?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net