SELinux question

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Sun May 28 15:13:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

answering to myself. :-)

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
> So, how can I fix the current situation and include /home1/pgsql in
> the postgresql context/domain? I would like to relabel it to recover
> the context...
>
> BTW the same principle would apply if one would like to create
> another tablespace for postgresql under another mount point...

After some more RTFM, it would seem simple:

semanage fcontext -a -t postgresql_db_t '/home1/pgsql/data(/.*)?'
semanage fcontext -a -t postgresql_log_t '/home1/pgsql/pgstartup.log'
fixfiles relabel /home1/pgsql

But it was not enough. Starting it with "service postgresql start" fails.
I had to modify the rc script, too. I had to replace /var/lib/pgsql with
/home1/pgsql everywhere despite the /var/lib/pgsql -> /home1/pgsql symlink.

But this is enough for adding another tablespace under e.g. /home1/pgsql2:

mkdir -p /home1/pgsql2/data
chown -R postgres.postgres /home1/pgsql2
semanage fcontext -a -t postgresql_db_t '/home1/pgsql2/data(/.*)?'
fixfiles relabel /home1/pgsql2

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi