Recover configuration file with rpm

Tim Largy tim.largy at gmail.com
Sun May 28 20:27:45 UTC 2006

> rpm did its thing, but didn't give me a new smb.conf. What am I doing wrong?

Cancel that! What I wrote wasn't entirely truthful. Prior to executing
the commands, I had deleted the package and reinstalled it, and the
whole time I was sitting in /etc/samba/. But of course when the
package was deleted, so was /etc/samba/, therefore I wasn't sitting
anywhere. Reinstalling the package created another /etc/samba (and
populated it with the appropriate files) but I wasn't there to see it.

Tim