Problems with nvidia driver from Livna 8762

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon May 29 05:36:12 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 29.05.2006, 00:52 +0200 schrieb nightrid3r:
> I use the driver from the nvidia website and never had any problem with
> them. they auto compile kernel and X module for any platform
> i used them on RHEL 3 RHEL 4 fedora core 5 debian sarge msuse 10
> mandriva 2006

They have other problems; see

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xorg/3rdPartyVideoDrivers
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html

If they work fine for you it's okay. But for beginners it's probably
better to use packages like those from livna. Yeah, those beast have
bugs now and then, too. <whining>I try to fix them but I don't own
hardware to test and the feedback and help from the community is really
rare. That's frustrating.</whining> I'm glad that I soon get rid of this
crap.

CU
thl