Kernel update with yum

David McCormick dmccormick at wvmcc.com
Mon May 29 12:53:31 UTC 2006

I recently did a clean install of FC-4 64 bit on a new disk and updated
using yum update with livna. Now when I reboot Grub starts the 2111
kernel by default which is waht I want but fails with the following

root (hd2,0)

filesystem is ext2fs, partition type 0x87

kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.6.16-1.2111_FC4 ro root=lable=/123 rhgb quiet

error15: file not found

I have reinstalled and updated several times with the same results.

I have done this before and never had this problem, any ideas what is
happening with the update?
I have also just tried to update the kernel with out a full update with
the same result.  It is a 64 bit machine but I did not have this trouble
with the old disk on the same machine.

Thanks

Dave