vsftpd question

CodeHeads codeheads at gmail.com
Mon May 29 20:27:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 16:19:19 +0200 Guillaume <guillaume.chardin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks but its don't show me who are the connected users. Only their
> IP address. I check the netstat man but i was unable to find any
> suitable help.
> Maybe vsftp create a text file with connected  users. Someone know?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. :) Darn I thought I replied to this earlier, oh
well :)

There is a file that tells you the files and who uploaded what to your server.
Is that what you are looking for?

If it is it is located here:
/var/log/xferlog

Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

Also, /var/log/messages lists the failed attempts for vsftpd, it gives the IP,
not sure about the username tho, someone might know that one.

Will