FC5 on AMD Turion 64?

Vini Engel vini at fugspbr.org
Mon May 29 23:41:55 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I am researching on 64 bit performance and was wondering if any of you
run Linux on laptops fitted with AMD Turion 64 and what the results are?

Looking around for options (laptops) I found two good options one is a
Compaq with Turion CPU and the other is a HP with Intel Centrino Core
Duo. There is a considerable difference in terms of price but what about
performance?

I usually run FC5, so if you run the same thing I would love to hear
what you have experienced with running Linux on your Turion!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Vini