FC5 on AMD Turion 64?

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue May 30 20:49:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 18:08 +0100, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> BTW Patrick, you may be interested to hear that Acer have just announced
> the "Ferrari 5000" with the Turion X2 dual-core 64-bit processor, and a
> host of other goodies.
>
> I feel a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nn7mb (notebookreview.com)

Thanks for the info. I had not seen that announcement. Very nice specs.
I hope they add a fast videocard too. The wifi chipset was a bit of a
surprise. I didn't know Acer made them. Unless it's a rebranded Broadcom
in which case I hope that the bcm43xx people have some significant
progress.

Regards,
Patrick