Kernel update with yum

David McCormick dmccormick at wvmcc.com
Tue May 30 21:09:04 UTC 2006

Thomas Taylor wrote:

>On Monday 29 May 2006 06:43, David McCormick wrote:
>

>>Rainer Traut wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>lable? should that be LABEL?
>>>Have you edited grub.conf by hand?
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>Rsiner
>>>

>>It is label just my fingers getting out of sync.  I checked gurb.conf
>>and it has the proper files for 2111, the same number and type as 3069
>>has.
>>
>>Dave
>>

>Hi Dave:
>You missed the point of Rainers reply.  It is supposed to be CAPITOL letters
>for label (LABEL).
>
>You should spellcheck and proofread your posts.  What is a gurb.conf file?
>That should be grub.conf.  I'm not trying to put you down, but a spelling
>mistake in a file can cause unexpected results and it's best to check all
>your work.
>
>3069?  What kernel is that from?  Was that a 2.4 kernel?
>
>I would recommend not updating with anything but the stock Fedora repos until
>the system is working properly, then add things like livna or dags.  This way
>you will at least know what the problem is related to.
>
>You might also want to check the archives relevant to the 64 bit 2111 kernel.
>I seem to recall seeing some problems about that.

No I didn't miss the point I was just in a hurry. My spell check needs
to have grub.conf  added it doesn't seem to be there along with a lot of
other words and acronyms. I did find the problem and correct it, I had
added an IDE drive to a SCSI system and as soon as I removed it
everything worked as it has in the past 13 years that I have been using
Linux.

Thank you for your help.

Dave