yumex repeatedly upgrading openoffice.org-core-2.0.2-5.11.2 and accompanying files

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed May 31 07:38:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 22:49 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I see yumex is busy downloading and installing it for the second time.
> > Thats a repeat of the 140 megabytes it downloaded and installed about 24
> > hours ago.
> >
> > Any Idea why?
> >

> SELinux has interfered with the %post and %pre scriptlets contained
> within the rpm installation packages before with pup and yum itself in
> the past.
>
> try running 'setenforce 0' before running the yumex updating program.
> The scriptlets should run successfully when SELinux only warns instead
> of denies.
>
> %pre scriptlet failures usually kill the updating program. %post
> scriptlet errors usually report the program was installed but never
> actually complete the successful installation of the programs.
>
> Filing a report related to yumex and a mention of an SELinux problem
> might help get yumex and SELinux working together instead of in separate
> directions would be possible after the problem(s) corrected.

I thought this issue was fixed a long time ago. Gene, do you have the
latest selinux-policy and yumex packages installed?

In order to run scriptlets properly, yumex needs to have the rpm_exec_t
SELinux file context:

# semanage fcontext -l | grep yumex
/usr/share/yumex/yumex                             regular file
system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0

So /usr/share/yumex/yumex should be rpm_exec_t; you can use:

$ ls -lZ /usr/share/yumex/yumex

to verify if this is the case.

Paul.