Problems w/ serial flow control

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 31 12:09:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 21:25 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I'm running FC3 on an MSI-7142 (K8MM-V motherboard), and using
> the two serial ports on the m/b.  I used the stock
> out-of-the-shrinkwrap settings for most hardware (except for the sound
> board and X drivers), and things have worked fine.
>
> But... when connecting to a router's console at 115200 with either
> RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF flow control, I'm seeing dropped characters.

Looking at a friend's router, his one's serial port connection *ONLY*
had the three-wire type of serial connection.  So his couldn't possibly
use hardware handshaking (RTS/CTS).  Perhaps yours can't too?

Also, check what your router says about its maximum port speeds and
handshaking protocols.

I read messages from the public lists.