Fedora Core 5 LDAP client authentication problem with Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP Server

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed May 31 18:59:51 UTC 2006

ay0my wrote:

> I have setup a new Fedora 5 Core installation and setup LDAP so that
> user can authenticate with a Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP server.

Before you try to log in as the users, you should probably make sure
that both of the following work for the user you're testing:

# id user
# ls -l ~user

> The full error is captured below. I have been trying to search the
> web for resolution but caanot find any. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

The ssh client isn't going to get useful debugging information.  That's
only going to show up in the system logs.  Check /var/log/secure and
/var/log/messages.