Re: Burning FC5 Image on DVD

On 4/30/06, Usman S. Ansari <uansari yahoo com> wrote:
Well, I burned DVD using

 growisofs -speed=1 -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvdwriter=FC-5-i386-DVD.iso command.

 Verify DVD on Dell laptop and install FC5 on it.

Last night, I try to install FC5 on the same machine where
DVD was burned.

After I selected not to verify, FC 5 install hangs with a
read error, as I can see on Alt-F4.

Next time I try to verify DVD on my desktop machine and it fails right away.

How can I burn DVD so that I can read on same DVD drive ?

[snip]

Burn at lowest speed possible. When installing disable DMA.