opencroquet on FC5 x86_64

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:31:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:20 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Has anyone of you made OpenCroquet run on FC5 x86_64 yet?

Eugen, I owe you one! I was wondering why anyone who had a 64bit machine
would concern themselves with Croquet, knocking concrete balls around on
the lawn between bent wires? Come on.. that must be one helluva game! So
I checked it out... that is one heckuva system!!! And... just what I've
been looking for. God only knows why they picked that name, but the
potential of the 3D environment that they have is truly awesome.

>From what I'm reading, they are proposing an entire OS within
OpenCroquet... that makes sense, Linux is and always has been a good
server platform, but as far as the hearts and minds of the general
client side population... they just don't have the traditional 'empathy'
level capacity to win Grandma and Cousin Eli over. The 'Tool Maker'
mindset, according to my perspectives. isn't a bad thing unless the
maker happens to be lefthanded and dosen't give a damn about your
righthandedness. Between you and the bear, there exists a problem at the
end of your stick which may become mission critical... in a very
immediate and personal way.

Maybe RedHat might consider paying attention to this one? Ric