Re: "yum -y update"-Systems Tools, Software Updater

On 4/30/06, Dennis Castanos <dennismouille yahoo com> wrote:
I just did a "yum -y update".  Rebooted and went to Sysytem Tools, Software
Updater, and it also had files to uddate.  I'm new at linux and like to know
what's up between the two different ways to update Fedora 5.
Dennis

You only need to post your question once.

Start here,  http://www.redhat.com/magazine/018apr06/features/fc5_overview/
, and read about Pirut and PUP.