Installing mailman of Fedora Core 5

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon May 1 11:33:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 02:50:17PM +0200, Ignacio Verona wrote:
> thanks for the reply Paul,
>
> no, I didn't install using --noscripts. Just 'yum install mailman' and
> the user was not created... really strange, isn't it?

I have seen things like this happening too, especially when NIS was in
use as authentication system but sometimes with LDAP too; the scripts
then attempt to create the user in the nework authentication system in
stead of the locat /etc/passwd / shadow /group files, and this may
succeed or it may fail, but it is certainly not correct.

David Jansen