Re: Web-design in Fedora

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 18:13 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a good tutorial or howto
> for someone designing a web-site (their first)
> intended to run under Apache/Fedora ?
>
> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.
----
web design is web design and the server used (Apache or Microsoft IIS)
is probably less significant than the browser people actually use.

I would suggest that you purchase a book on HTML 4 & CSS to learn web
design since the topics are broad and not typically well suited for a
quick how-to.

Some references though...

HTML 4.01 from w3.org
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

Cascading Style Shees 2.1
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/cover.html#minitoc

and just some interesting notions on web design & style
http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/current-style.cfm

Craig