build pango from source

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed May 3 08:50:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

> + echo '/var/tmp/pango-1.12.2-root/usr/lib64/libpangoxft-1.0.so not
> found; did not build with Xft support?'
> /var/tmp/pango-1.12.2-root/usr/lib64/libpangoxft-1.0.so not found; did
> not build with Xft support?

You need to pass --with-package=Xft (or something similar). Dearchive
the tarball, cd to the directory created and run ./configure --help.
That will tell you what you need to do to include Xft support (or
exclude it). You then need to add that onto the end of the configure
line in the spec file

configure --with-package=Xft
make

(or similar) should do what you need.