xscreensaver problems

Michael_Klamut at navyfederal.org Michael_Klamut at navyfederal.org
Wed May 3 21:43:00 UTC 2006

All,

I have xscreensaver 4.21 problem with Fedora Core 5
kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4:

xscreensaver-demo is running as user "root" on host 'localhost.localdomain"
But the xscreensaver manageing display "0:0"
is running as user "nobody" on host "localhost.localdomain".

Since they are different users, they won't be reading/writing
the same ~./.xscreensaver file, so xscreensaver-demo isn't
going to work right.

You should either re-run xscreensaver-demo as "nobody", or re-run
xscreensaver as "root"

I have tried to kill the processes and restart the xscreensaver
daemon as root. I have executed xhost + localhost command.
I would like to be able to use the screen saver. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike