sendmail problem

Mike.Kent at indystar.com Mike.Kent at indystar.com
Wed May 3 22:45:01 UTC 2006

Hello. I'm using Sendmail installed with Fedora 4. I have masquerade set
and have done a make and restart and it still thinks it's sending as
localhost.localdomain as in the output below. I'm using
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `ini-wf.indystar.com')dnl in sendmail.mc to set
macro $j in sendmail.cf just so we get fewer bounces, but this isn't an
good solution. I would like to get masquerading working properly and would
appreciate any suggestions.

Sendmail test:
sendmail -bt -d0
Version 8.13.6
 Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
NETINET6
                NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF SOCKETMAP
STARTTLS
                TCPWRAPPERS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = localhost
  (canonical domain name) $j = ini-wf.indystar.com
         (subdomain name) $m = localdomain
              (node name) $k = ini-wf

sendmail.mc has these entries:
MASQUERADE_AS(`indystar.com')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('localhost')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('localhost.localdomain')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('starnews.com')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('ini-wf')dnl

The top line of /etc/hosts is 127.0.0.1       ini-wf localhost.localdomain
localhost