Re: Kernel Update

Dave Jones wrote:
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:06:40PM -0700, jdow wrote:

 > >Reverting to version 2.6.16-1.2069_FC5 is probably the least hassle-free
 > >way to resolve these at the moment.
 > >
> >Thank you! Is there and easy way to get the original kernel to boot > >instead of defaulting to the new one? > > It's all in "info grub" if you can figure any of that gibberish out.
 > (When is SOMEBODY going to make that trash readable, anyway.)
> > I just go in to /boot/grub/grub.conf and make what appear to be some
 > obvious edits.

Biggest suspect right now to a lot of the problems with
this update is the MSI changes.  If booting with pci=nomsi
makes problems go away, I'd like to hear about it, along
with output of lspci.

Booting with pci=nomsi didn't work for me.  The first failure was on
finding ip information for eth0, but cups also failed.  I killed the
boot process after a bunch of these failures, so I don't have any lspci
output for you.  The init for syslogd also failed, so there isn't
anything in /var/log/messages.

--
Joel