Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Stephen Liu wrote:
>> What I tried to find out is how to start editing Chinese on English
>> locale (in English environment).  I have been searchig around on the
>> Menu and unabled to find it
>
> To run scim by default in FC5 for non-Asian desktop sessions you need to
> make a symlink into .xinput.d (see the release-notes).

Good point.  This was mentioned at the start of this thread...but not by
Stephen.  I made the mistake of assuming that was known...and that
release notes are actually read.  :-)

BTW, did you go and check the issues with KDE and its lack of ability to
display some Simplified characters such as 钉?

--
One uses power by grasping it lightly.  To grasp with too much force is
to be

  -- Bene Gesserit Axiom