scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 06:49:48 UTC 2006

Hi Yuandan,

Tks for your advice.

> make sure you have the symbol link at your home dir.
>
> .xinput.d/default -> /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim

# ls -l /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 238 Feb  9 14:13 /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim

# find / -name .xinput.d
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /selinux: this may be a bug
in your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf
option.  Earlier results may have failed to include directories that
should have been searched.
* * * End * * *

.xinput.d
can't be located.

> At need terminal (email openoffice or xterm), scim can be triggered
> by
> ctrl+space.
> this works well for me with the LANG locale. I am using gnome.
> $ echo $LANG
> en_US.UTF-8

I have no problem on input Chinese on "LANG locale" (Trad/Simplified
Chinese).  I'm now searching for a solution to input Chinese on English
locale.

TIA

B.R.
SL