FTPd recommendation?

Angus MacGyver macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk
Thu May 4 14:06:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 05:53:59AM -0800, Noah wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> What are people using for their ftpd these days?   I am looking for something
> easy to initiailize, configure, and is very secure.

trying not to use FTP...
I use a shell called scponly to "wrap" the incoming connection using sftp so that the users are chrooted to their own home directory.
Granted, not everything is perfect, but for me, that is something that comes damn close with security in mind..

Everything over ssh, and restriced to their own home dir..

as always, YMMV

AM

--
I ain't perfect, yet..