fedora-package-announce at redhat.com message ?

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Thu May 4 22:25:34 UTC 2006

Guy Fraser wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-05 at 20:56 -0700, Don Russell wrote:
>
>> Don Russell wrote:

>>> In my case I received my confirmation, the date header is
>>>
>>> Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:57:38 -0400
>>>

>>> I opted for FC 5 announcements,
>>>
>>> Checking an archived message:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2006-May/msg00029.html
>>>

>>> That has a date header of /Date/: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:09:07 -0400
>>>
>>> Yet I never received the announcement.
>>>
>> Implied, but not stated:
>>
>> I have not received a single message for the new list.
>>
> Neither have I.
>
> I went back to the mailing list link and went into edit
> and discovered you have to select FC3, FC4 and/or FC5
> announcements specifically.
>
> I don't recall being told I needed to do that.

That's not right.... if you read the text carefully it says if you
explicitly select anything, then you will get everything.

I explicitly selected FC5... I'm wondering if the problem is in that
process where it's seeing if there's a filter to apply, and the filter
is not working properly.. .hence some people are getting the messages
and others not.

For grins, I unsubscribed and resubscribed... no change. I subscribe
using the same e-mail address as for this list... so that's not the
problem either. :-(