Asterisk and AMP RPM's (was: limits.conf: howto set core file size?)

On Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:05 PM -0400 Matt Roth <mroth imminc com> wrote:

If security isn't a major issue, I'd recommend running Asterisk as root.
There is a substantial amount of work involved in setting all of the
permissions to run it properly as another user.

Here are a couple of scripts that you can use for starting Asterisk at
boot and restarting it automatically if it crashes:

I'm also aware of the AMP project to provide a web-based GUI to manage Asterisk. Has any work been done to package that as an RPM? When last I looked at it, the toughest problem to sort out seemed to be getting the web server and Asterisk to both have access to Asterisk's config files, since each runs as a different user.