umounting detatchable media in FC5

Glenn Lawyer d.g.lawyer at medisin.uio.no
Fri May 5 19:58:15 UTC 2006

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:27:30 -0500
> From: Jay Cliburn <jacliburn at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: umounting detatchable media in FC5
>

> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 11:41 -0400, Glenn Lawyer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A  USB issue with FC5 (fresh install on a 64 bit AMD). Logged in as a
>> regular user, using the KDE desktop. Connect a USB drive. It
>> automounts and I get the nice icon on the desktop. From the icon I can
>> "safely remove" or (after "safely removing") "mount" the drive.
>>
>> Can't do either from the command line. umount tells me I'm not root,
>> and mount fails because the device isn't listed anywhere I know of.
>>
>> Rant rant rant
> Try using gnome-umount.  There's no manpage.  Use gnome-mount -? for
> options.

Thanks, Jay, but it doesn't seem to be working (at least not from a KDE
desktop)

[me at localhost]$ gnome-umount /media/CORSAIR/
gnome-mount 0.4
[me at localhost]$ ls /media/CORSAIR/
3d_projection.html cluster_stats.c kmeans.c matrix.h outputs

And same for gnome-mount -u /media/CORSAIR

+glenn

--
The zipper displaces the button and a

>  Glenn Lawyer                   <