A FC6 suggestion.

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri May 5 15:40:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 10:03 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> In the latest Linux Journal in the etc/rant column the author makes an
> interesting suggestion that I think the Fedora people should consider.
> He points out the problem of associating entries in the fstab file with
> a LABEL-/. If one runs more than one Linux version more than one
> partition  might have this label.
>
> I would like to make the suggestion that the Default Label be more
> descriptive. The author suggests something like FC%32ROOT.
>
> Where would be the correct list to send such a suggestion?
> The fedora-developers-list maybe.

It should be noted that this is only a problem when you move disks from
one system to another.

When you already have disks with those labels, anaconda sees them - and
does not use them.

I will pick up the latest Linux Journal and see what the article says -
but to be honest, it sounds like he is ranting without even having tried
it.

If I recall, anaconda allows you to specify the label as well. At least
I think it use to. Using the mount point for the label only happens by
default when another partition does not already have that label.