remote log-in via router

Tony Crouch acrouch2 at une.edu.au
Fri May 5 16:12:53 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I have seen numerous times on this list of guys logging into their home
machines from their work computers (or vica-versa) under FC.

I was wondering if this is possible once you integrate a private network
behind your home modem connection.

For example, the current IP worldly address of my modem is:
> 60.241.20.229

But the internal network address of my FC5 box is a standard C-class
address:

> 192.168.1.11

How can I ssh into my home box from my university access centre? I am
unsure as to how I should 'phrase' the ssh request.

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony Crouch
--
GPG Key fingerprint = EEB2 6364 791C 3BE2 A008  22D0 C469 950C 7C5A EE77