A FC6 suggestion.

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:14:58 UTC 2006

One command man:

e2label /dev/hd# <new label>

I understand your problem, had a similar one in fact when installed FC5 on
to of WinXP but wanted
to keep the old FC4 partition for data storage. It showed as '/' while the
original root showed as /1.

e2label will fix this for you! But remember to edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and
change the kernel arguments
as well! :-)

Filippos