Clock applet display bug?

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Sat May 6 01:35:34 UTC 2006

How do,

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 13:12 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> > My Gnome panel is 48 pixels wide.  When I first log into a Gnome session, the
> > clock applet (2.14.1) has its display on a single line, like this:
> >
> > Fri May 5, 2:22PM
> >
> > If I right-click on it, go to Preferences, and click "show seconds" on and off,
> > then it starts to display on two lines:
> >
> > Fri May 5
> > 2:22PM
> >
> > I think that the two-line display is what it should be.  Is there a setting
> > that I'm missing here?
> >
> > --
> > MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net
> >

> Try dragging the edge of the clock panel to the left so that it is wider.

You can also right-click a blank area of the panel, select properties &
on the general tab you can change the pixel size of the panel. I changed
mine from 48 to 36 & the clock displays the time with seconds on a
single line :-)) This technique works on both panels ;-) Note, this
changes the pixel size in height not width.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.