budget box to run FC5?

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Sun May 7 17:33:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Peter Horst wrote:

> I'm looking for a cheap new computer from which to run a small website.  Has
> anyone had good luck running FC5 on a cheapo computer?  By cheap I mean <
> $500. I'm in the Chicago area, if that makes any difference.

You shouldn't have any trouble with pretty much any $300-$400 new computer
(Dell, Office Depot, numerous other places are now selling sub-$400
bundles - check your local newspaper ads for examples). Spend any leftover
cash on upgrading the RAM and you should be good to go.

--
Benjamin Franz

If you can't handle reality, it *will* handle you.