Re: budget box to run FC5?

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Peter Horst wrote:

I'm looking for a cheap new computer from which to run a small website. Has anyone had good luck running FC5 on a cheapo computer? By cheap I mean < $500. I'm in the Chicago area, if that makes any difference.

You shouldn't have any trouble with pretty much any $300-$400 new computer (Dell, Office Depot, numerous other places are now selling sub-$400 bundles - check your local newspaper ads for examples). Spend any leftover cash on upgrading the RAM and you should be good to go.

--
Benjamin Franz

If you can't handle reality, it *will* handle you.