Fedora Core installon HP Netserver LH3000 U3 stalls at loading Megaraid driver - help please

Chris chrisz at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 8 04:47:13 UTC 2006

Hi all
I am trying to install FC5 (also tried FC4) but they both stall on loading the scsi drivers for the LH3000 U3 at the start of the install. There is a SE SCSI (Adaptec AIC7880 chip) drive plus the HP netRaid (based on the sym53C8xx chip set - was Mega now LSI). If I enable the SE SCSI it is very slow (10mins) loading the AIC-78xx driver then just stops at loading the MegaRaid driver.
I have upgraded all bios' and foirmware to the latest from HP but no joy.
I can install WinXP OK and raid works fine and also tried Ubuntu 5.1 and it failed same issues as FC - but don't want to go the Win way
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or is the config of the SCSI/Raid something I need to change - or do I need to ge other drivers or firmware?

Thanks for any help

Cheers
Chris Zwaaagdyk