Re: bash / word seperators

El Lunes, 8 de Mayo de 2006 11:50, Brian D. McGrew escribio:
Back in 'ye olden days, we used to have a customized version of bash
that recognized '/' as a word separator; which was very nice when
editing command lines, a CTRL-W would not erase your whole typed path,
just back to the slash.

Without building a new version of bash, how can I make the shell
recognize '/' as a word separator???

You must set the $IFS variable
look in "man bash" the section "Word splitting"

Isn't it more of a readline thing? Meta-DEL seems to do what you want:

 http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/readline/rluserman.html#SEC6