Re: VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Ed Greshko wrote:

James Pifer wrote:
I've installed both src and devel packages for my kernel on FC5. I still
don't have anything at /usr/src/linux/include, which is where vmware
player is looking for the C headers.

Can anyone tell me which packages I might be missing?

Sounds like you are installing Vmware where Linux is the host OS.

You need to download
http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update101.tar.gz

Unpack it and read the documentation.

You also need the kernel-devel RPM for your running kernel.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu