fc5: install everything?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 02:14:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:38, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > By the time someone has encountered the problem it is too late
> > for them - those are the people who are concerned about helping
> > others avoid the issue.
> >
> So, since you are one of those complaining and claim to want to help
> others, then put your action where your mouth is and file the bugzilla.
>
> I for one do not like people who whine but refuse to take action to
> better what they are complaining about.

It isn't about how I want it to be.  All I can do is describe
my experience when installing and it isn't likely to get better
unless someone collates a large number of those experiences.
How would you word an RFE like that?  Maybe yum could be
instrumented to track downloads of missing packages after
a base install or the system could track and report
'file not found' errors in the system areas to identify
files that are frequently needed but not always there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com