spambayes

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue May 9 12:08:40 UTC 2006

Frank Cox wrote:
> Has anyone used this? [spambayes]

Yes, I'm using it. It's coping pretty well with around 2500 spams a
month (that's not a request for more...)

I use procmail to pipe mail through it, and mutt to pipe mis-categorised
e-mail through the relearning scripts.

> Comments?  Alternatives?

Personally, I find it works better for me than SpamAssassin. But the
best review of antispam software for Linux that I know of is found at
http://lwn.net/Articles/172491/ with a follow-up at
http://lwn.net/Articles/173910/ .

> It looks very cool.  Are there any up-to-date rpm packages around anywhere?
> The only ones that I could find are substantially out-of-date.

I seem to have generated an RPM from source, without taking notes of how
I did it. That was careless.

There is the option to unpack the source archive and run
python setup.py bdist_rpm
which is supposed to create an RPM. But it doesn't seem to do that on
FC5, at least with 1.0.4.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | I have never used the word contemnor before today.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Thank you for giving me the opportunity.