Re: Yum update on FC5 install new kernel but don't update grub.conf

Robert Locke wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 07:50 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
<snip>
So my question then is: Can yum be told to dl and install the new kernels but leave grub.conf alone, and not remove the older kernel?

I don't believe this is yum doing this.  I believe it is the post script
inside the rpm package that is updating grub.conf....  So even if you
were to manually download the kernel package and use rpm -i to install
it, it would still update grub.conf.....

--Rob

Yuk... Ok, can I have yum dl, but not install (kernels only), and I'll use mc to unpack & move the files?

--
Cheers, Gene