Powervault 220 on FC3

Chris Strzelczyk chris4136 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 14:09:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am running FC3 (2.6.11-1.27_FC3smp) on a Dell 2650 Raid 5
configuration reiserfs.  Everything works smoothly on the box.  I
have a need to install a Dell powervault 220 to the box via SCSI.
The problem is when I plug in the SCSI cable to the card the system
will no longer boot. I believe it tries to boot off of the powervault
however, I am unsure on how to verifiy this.  The system has no logs
that I can check as it does not even get to boot.  The error message
states that it can not mount any of the filesystems and that it can
not find init.  I have checked the SCSI utility and that tells me
that my internal hard drives are selected to boot.  I do not
understand why the powervault is taking over my system.  The
powevault is plugged in on the B channel and my internal hard drives
are plugged in on A.  Thank you for any help.

-cs