rpm for clamav

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 9 15:07:03 UTC 2006

sasa wrote:
> "Paul Howarth" wrote:
>
>> Having done this, try:
>> # yum update clamav\*
>
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

This is *after* configuring yum to use Fedora Extras?

Exactly which clamav packages do you have?
$ rpm -qi $(rpm -qa clamav\*)

> ..ok but I don't want  to uninstall the current version and to install
> the new version, I want to build the rpm files but I have this problem:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>        libunrar3 is needed by clamav-0.88.2-1.i386
>        libun7zip is needed by clamav-0.88.2-1.i386
>
> ..which are the rpm files that they contain 'libunrar3' and 'libun7zip' ??

These packages are not dependencies of the FE3 clamav package - you have
got the SRPM from somewhere else.

I suggest that you stop trying to build your own package for now, since
you will need to maintain it for security updates etc. yourself, and
concentrate on getting yum/Extras/clamav working together, which will be
a better solution in the longer term (provided the EOL policy for Extras
is sorted out sensibly).

Paul.