VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue May 9 15:17:31 UTC 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Ambrogio wrote:

> Il giorno lun, 08/05/2006 alle 20.36 -0400, James Pifer ha scritto:
>> I've installed both src and devel packages for my kernel on FC5. I still
>> don't have anything at /usr/src/linux/include, which is where vmware
>> player is looking for the C headers.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me which packages I might be missing?

Did you actually try to rerun the script after installing kernel-devel?
I've seen the error you see when kernel-devel is missing, but
vmware-config finds the right place once kernel-devel is installed.

> maybe you need also the link in /usr/src that poin linux into the right
> kernel in kernels directory.

Shouldn't.  I've never had to make such a link.  And it would be a pain to
maintain when kernels get updated.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences