VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue May 9 15:23:31 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 11:17 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Ambrogio wrote:
>
> > Il giorno lun, 08/05/2006 alle 20.36 -0400, James Pifer ha scritto:
> >> I've installed both src and devel packages for my kernel on FC5. I still
> >> don't have anything at /usr/src/linux/include, which is where vmware
> >> player is looking for the C headers.
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me which packages I might be missing?
>
> Did you actually try to rerun the script after installing kernel-devel?
> I've seen the error you see when kernel-devel is missing, but
> vmware-config finds the right place once kernel-devel is installed.

I went back to the original FC5 kernel and removed all the other ones.
Then I reinstalled the devel package, ran the script, and then it found
it. I've installed kernel-devel packages before with no problem, this
was just a weird case. vmplayer is working well now.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

James